6th Annual ENYA Merit Award
2015 DEADLINE EXTENDED: to November 2, 2015; 5 pm
The AIA New York Chapter and the Emerging New York Architects (ENYA) Committee are proud to announce the Sixth Annual ENYA Merit Award. The purpose of the award is to recognize the significant contributions of members at an early stage of their career to the AIA New York Chapter and to congratulate them on achieving licensure. Awards are not based on financial need, as much as they are based on contributions the individual has made to their profession, their community and/or the AIA New York Chapter. Eligibility requirements include membership to AIANY and having achieved initial licensure in the U.S. and its territories between January 1, 2012 (note extension of eligibility period) and September 30, 2015.This award is made possible by the proceeds from the AIANY ARE Review Programs
Merit Award recipients will receive:
• ENYA Merit Award Certificate
• $1,500 monetary award (equivalent to the cost of passing all divisions of the Architect Registration
Examination (ARE) one time)
Applicants should demonstrate more than one of the following attributes:
• Outstanding achievement in the creation, development, and delivery of creative programs for interns, associates, and/or young architect members of the AIA New York Chapter
• Significant contributions at an early stage of career to the profession and/or community
• Exemplary involvement in community and/or professional organizations
• Traditional or alternative career path, with demonstrated passion for pursuit of registration
• Strong letters of support detailing personal and professional contributions
• Inspiring statement of contribution.
In order for an applicant to be eligible for this award, both of the following must apply:
• AIA New York Chapter member in good standing
• Recently licensed architect, having achieved initial licensure in the U.S. and its territories between January 1, 2012 and September 30, 2015.
In order to ensure the fair and thorough evaluation of all candidates for the ENYA Merit Award, the following materials must be submitted in the manner described below.
• All entries submitted without the required materials will be disqualified.
• Submission materials must be in an 8-1/2” x 11” electronic format, limited to no more than the page specifications stated below.
Note: By making a submission, the applicant grants permission to the AIANY to reproduce and publicly display submission material if the applicant receives an award. Materials submitted will not be returned to the applicant
Each candidate for the ENYA Merit Award must be nominated by an AIANY member of any type (Architect, Associate, International Associate,Corporate, Professional, etc.) or an AIA Chapter executive.
• The nominator must submit a letter of nomination (limited to 1 page)
The application must include:
• Completed ENYA Merit Award Application (download here)
• One letter of nomination (See previous section)
• One statement of contribution written by the applicant (limited to 1 page)
• One biography and/or resume (limited to 2 pages)
• Two letters of recommendation. Letters are limited to 1 page each. Letters should come from individuals who can speak to the candidate’s accomplishments outlined in the personal statement. We recommend no more than one letter from each company/organization. The ideal candidate will have letters from their firm, a community organization, a member of the architecture profession, and/or a mentor.
• Proof of licensure (copy of NYS Department of Education license or registration or another state's license.)
Submissions and questions may be addressed to; email@example.com
Electronic submissions must be received by Monday, November 2, 2015 at 5PM ET (deadline extended).
AIANY assumes no responsibility for the delivery of the material. It is the responsibility of the nominating individual to see that the submission is delivered to the ENYA Committee by the appropriate date.
July, 2015 Official call for nominations. Posted on the www.aiany.org website
Deadline November 2, 2015 - Electronic submissions due @ 5pm firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 2015 Review of Applications; Jury convenes (See list below for Jury)
Mid-November 2015 Award winner(s) announced
December 15, 2015 Award will be presented at AIANY Inaugural Ceremony in December. (See AIANY Calendar closer to the date for details.)
The ENYA Merit Award jury will be comprised of the following AIANY members :
Tomas Rossant, AIA, 2015 President, AIANY
Miles Paloympis, Assoc. AIA, co-chair, AIANY Emerging NY Architects Committee
Alex Alaimo, Assoc. AIA, co-chair, AIANY Emerging NY Architects Committee
Michael Szivos, Assoc. AIA, Associate Director AIANY
Jane Smith, AIA, Vice President of Professional Development (or) Venesa Alicea, AIA, Alternate Director of Professional Development
About the Emerging NY Architects Committee of the AIA New York Chapter
The Emerging New York Architects (ENYA) American Institute of Architects (AIA) New York Chapter is one of the most active young architect groups in the country. At the national level, ENYA falls under the umbrella of the Young Architects Forum, an AIA Knowledge Community that provides national advocacy and leadership for the group. In conjunction with the AIA New York Chapter, ENYA develops its own programming that addresses issues specific to the New York City audience.
AIA National defines membership in young architects groups as open to "all professionals ten years or less from licensure." However, ENYA is an-equal opportunity committee and welcomes participation from anyone willing to promote the positive development of the profession and its practitioners. ENYA strives to meet all skill levels, scholastic backgrounds and professional interests, and hosts programs of general interest to all architects. In this way, ENYA will continue to educate, expand and improve the understanding and interpretation of New York City's architectural environment with a focus on topics of interest to young architects.
|2014 - Pascale M. Sablan, AIA, NOMA, LEED AP|
|2013 - Brynnemarie Lanciotti, AIA|
|2012 - Felipe Guerrero, AIA|
|2011 - Lauren Schmidt, AIA, LEED AP BD+C|
|2010 - Serena Chen, AIA, LEED AP|
For details click here.
Download the ENYA Merit Award Application.
Become a member now.
Learn more about how the chapter can help you become licensed.