Benefits of Membership
- Oculus, the chapter’s quarterly magazine
- Weekly calendar and electronic newsletter, e-Oculus
- Annual AIA New York Chapter Directory of Architecture Firms
- Architectural Record magazine (through 12/2010) and Architect magazine thereafter.
- AIA New York State Architects Desk Reference (for Architect, Associate, and International Associate Members)
- Searchable web site directory of member-run Architecture Firms with pictures on aiany.org and through the national AIA web site’s Architect Finder
- Links to Corporate members in related industries
- Architecture Firm Portfolios housed in Center for Architecture Library
- Access to a New York-based Broker Shortlist. Click HERE for more information.
- AIA members can receive 20% price reduction in the cost of Assistance PSO for Microsoft Dynamics, for Architect members of the chapter. Click HERE for more information.
- Fee paid for qualifying projects entered to Access Architecture with REED Construction Data. Click HERE for more information.
- Legaline offers AIA members access to phone consultations, providing information resource on legal and professional practice topics. Please CONTACT US for more information.
- Free Continuing Education Programming for members
- Over 20 Program Committees and interest groups for face-to-face professional dialogue and education
- Access to the AIA National Career Center
- 15% off PPI, (Professional Publications Inc.) professional development books and study aids, when purchases are made through the shopping portal HERE. Note: for Passing Zone discount you will need to enter the discount code: aiany during check-out. Discounts not available on Passing Zone packages.
- Join Zipcar for Business with no set up fee; visit www.zipcar.com/aiarchitects for details.
- AIA members can join the Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum at the Dual/family level for a special rate of $99. (www.cooperhewitt.org)
- AIA members can receive 30% off Museum of the City of New York Membership (www.mcny.org)
- AIA members can receive 15% off Guggenheim Membership (www.guggenheim.org)
- Invitations to Center for Architecture Exhibition Openings
- Discounted enrollment in AIA New York Chapter Design Awards Program
- From exhibitions to receptions, local involvement encourages fellowship and increases knowledge of professional practice issues
The AIA New York Chapter is an active advocate at the city and state levels. Your membership in the AIA helps to bolster the design industry’s voice in the public arena. By participating in Lobby Day, testifying in a variety of public hearings, and interfacing with key elected officials and public agencies, the Chapter brings members' concerns and suggestions about design and construction issues to the table. Click here to view our most recent advocacy activities.
Visit: www.aia.org to learn about the wide array of member benefits provided through the National American Institute of Architects Headquarters, and www.aianys.org to learn about benefits provided by AIA New York State.
If you have don’t see a benefit here which you expected or have suggestions for additional services, please contact, Suzanne Mecs, firstname.lastname@example.org, Director of Member Services, 212-358-6115.
AIA New York Chapter takes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information furnished by the independent providers of products or services referenced in the AIA New York Chapter's website or any of its publications, nor does it endorse products/services for a particular use or in particular circumstances. No guarantee or warranty of any kind is to be inferred from the listing of information regarding any program. Members are advised to independently check information before basing decisions on such information.